7.12.14

How To: Wrap Christmas Presents


This year I have felt incredibly inspired to do some gorgeous wrapping for my Christmas presents. This essentially started because of my new job at Kikki K in which I finally learnt how to wrap presents properly. In the past I had always been lazy and just a bit uninterested in the wrapping itself, always focusing on making the gift perfect more than anything else. 

However, I have recently discovered how fun and important gift wrapping can be, it just makes your present that extra bit special and to be honest all the presents just look stunning under the Christmas tree. So I am going to show you how I have been wrapping my presents this Christmas and I hope it inspires you to try some gorgeous wrapping of your own! 


WHAT YOU NEED:
  • Your gift
  • Wrapping paper (2 matching patterns) 
  • Scissors 
  • Tape
  • Gift Tag
  • Ribbon
  • Pen
  • Name tag



Step One: Lay the present down on the reverse side of your wrapping paper, line it up so that you have enough paper to fold over the present and cut down to size. 

Step Two: Fold the paper over and hold together with a piece of patterned washi tape. 

Step Three: On both ends of the present you need to fold the paper inwards, so the paper sits against the present, creating a triangle on the top and bottom.



Step Four: Fold these triangles down, one at a time, and hold them together with a strip of washi tape.



Step Five: Now take your second piece of patterned paper and cut a strip that is suitable to the size of your present.



Step 6: Take your ribbon and feed it through the hole of your gift tag. Then tie your ribbon around your present so that the gift tag stays in place.

Step 7: Finish off your present by adding some matching stickers, this can include a name tag sticker if you like.


No comments:

Post a Comment